WINTER HOURS - WEDNESDAY TO SATURDAY 10am- 4pm
Closed Sunday, Monday & Tuesday
We are now looking for volunteers to help deliver our signature Flight Education program as well as assistance in other areas as we celebrate to 100th Anniversary of the Royal Canadian Air force. All appropriate training is provided.
Type your paragraph here.
GREENWOOD MILITARY AVIATION MUSEUM
SUMMER STUDENT JOB POSTING
The Greenwood Military Aviation Museum, located at 14 Wing in Greenwood Nova Scotia, strives to inspire visitors through an exciting and engaging collection of aviation-related historical artifacts and displays. We are currently seeking an energetic person, keen to immerse themselves in the many facets of museum life. It is an opportunity to gain valuable experience in tourism, museology, public programing, and public speaking. Apply today and join our team this summer!
Skills and Qualifications:
- You must be a student enrolled in a full-time recognized college or university program in Nova Scotia.
- The following areas of study and/or experience are preferred: Museum Studies, Drama, Education, Tourism, History, Performing Arts and/or Canadian Studies.
- Those with current or recent experience working in museums or performing historical re-enactments are encouraged to apply.
- Ability to communicate effectively to small groups (in English).
- Bilingualism is not essential but candidates with this ability are preferred.
- Experience in guiding tours, working with children/groups, or teaching/instructing would be an asset.
- Experience in retail sales, customer service, public speaking are assets.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Basic knowledge of the history of 14 Wing Greenwood, the Canadian Armed Forces or the Royal Canadian Air Force are beneficial.
The Museum Assistant will be trained to take on several tasks throughout the Museum such as designing/delivering your own tours, preparing social media posts, input to public programming and more. The following responsibilities, however, are core to the Museum Assistant position:
familiarization with museum collection and museum operations;
assist in opening/closing the museum, preparing exhibits for visitors;
greet visitors and promote museum featured exhibits/displays as required;
orientate visitors to the museum;
conducting museum tours;
ensure the safety and security of museum areas, artifacts, and equipment;
promptly report problems, damage, emergencies, or other concerns to the Manager; and
maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times.
Hours are based on activities such as scheduled tours and other museum requirements but primarily 9:00am to 4:30pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. In addition, there may be a requirement for evening events. The job opportunity is from 14 May, 2024 until 30 August, 2024 (dates are approximate).
Please apply using the following instructions.
Include a brief cover letter in the body/text of the email submission along with an attached resume in PDF format.
Electronic submissions must be sent to – email@example.com.
In the email subject line include – ‘Museum Assistant’.
In the email body/text include – ‘Attn: GMAM General Manager’.
Deadline to apply – 11:59pm on 19 April, 2024.
Short-list and interview notifications will be sent no later than 3 May, 2024
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and abilities. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Vulnerable sector background check will be mandatory for successful candidates.